Wednesday evening me and Tom go to the plot to weed, water, and generally potter about. This week we went on Thursday evening and watering was not needed. The weekend was super hot and sunny, but since then it has been raining hard while still being hot and humid. This meant we had extra weeding to do this evening. I pulled up endless bindweed within the raspberries while Tom made a good job weeding and leveling off some of the paths.
Note to self, next time we need to plant some more runner and french bean seeds. I put in plants the other week grown at home and also put in some seeds direct. Some of the french bean seeds have come up and been eaten, none of the runner beans have come up. Something about runner beans, looking around not many have come up for people.
Fruit bushes seem a bit mixed. Raspberries looking good, small berries starting to form. Whereas gooseberries I can no longer find any, and there were not a great deal in the first place. Black currents there are one or two – I wonder if birds are helping themselves.
We cut down some of the vegetation coming in from the field next to us – in the winter we will put up some scaffold netting to solve the problem.