After a chance post on freecycle for some top soil I managed to make contact with a friendly couple who lived just down the road. A couple of hours of digging and bagging up soil (plus a good tea break in the middle) and we had a large mound of earth on the driveway. I thought it would take ages to spread it over and was also not too sure if it would cover all that I would need.
On Saturday morning we had some spare time and so I thought I would get T&J to help with some of the spreading and of course keeping a keen eye out for wiggly worms for them too. It then didn’t take anytime at all to spread it out, flattern it down, rack it a bit, and then sow wild flower and grass seed. There was more than enough for a good layer of earth and we managed to rake off a couple more bag full of shingle. A lot of the rest we used to fill in a big dip that normally fills with water and floods during the winter. The soil is no way flat, but it is good for our needs of a wild meadowy look and feel.
Now we wait…. It rained last night which was fantastic.