No time to “do the paperwork” but planting has been going on loads since the weekend. Yet to be updated are the plans, but hopefully tomorrow. We have now new additions:
- second square of raddish. I am a bit concerned as the first square only had 4 seedlings appear from a sowing of 36 and yet the seed is only a year old. Fingers crossed for the second square, but if I happen to be near a seed shop and have some money on me I might sneak in to buy some more.
- second square of rocket. Unlike the raddish, the first square has done very well and so hoping of more the same. For your interest, the rocket seed is a good 7 years old!
- chives have been planted. At the weekend I made potato salad and thought it would be nice to use our own chives next time!
- third square of salad! You can never have too much salad I feel.
- thyme. While at Corfe castle we picked up a free packet of these seeds from the National Trust
- two squares of tomatoes. My plan of going tomato free this year did not work out, but at least I did not have anything to with growing these tomato plants as they were two of many plants from a guy on freecycle.
- carrots. A third sowing of carrots. The first two are doing well.