There appears to actually be none apart from a snapped bean pole. After the load of wind and the really heavy (including hailstones) rain we have had over the last days I’m quite surprised. However, with a mix of wet and sun, weeds were certainly present and it took me hours just to weed and hoe half the plot, following fully weeding just the week before.
I removed all the dead pea plants which has freed up some space. Just in time as Christmas seed potatoes arrived the other day and I am looking for space.
We wet and hot weather has given the swede plants a boost, they all look a lot better, along with the carrots that I transplanted the other week.
It really was just weeding, but we did come home with:
- cucumbers (14 of them! I really don’t know what to do with them all, I have pickled some from another week and so if they taste nice then that is what will happen with these)
- carrots (thinning)
- french beans
- runner beans
The wind and rain has damaged the runner beans some what, the same thing happened last year as well.